Roadside assistance can be a lifesaver when you find yourself stranded on the side of the road. It can come in various forms, from simple tow trucks that can pull your car out of a ditch to full-service roadside services that provide tire changes and other emergency repairs. But how much does this service cost? That depends on the type of service you require, the company providing it, and other factors.
Know how much a roadside assistance service can cost in this blog post!
Is Roadside Assistance Free?
No, roadside assistance is not always free. Depending on the type of service you require, the cost could range from a few dollars to hundreds of dollars. The key factor affecting the price is the type of service needed—a basic tow truck might cost as little as $50, while an advanced mechanic service could cost upwards of several hundred dollars.
How Much Does Roadside Assistance Cost?
The cost of roadside assistance services can vary greatly depending on the type of service, the company providing it, and other factors. Generally speaking, these are some of the most common services and their associated average costs:
• Towing Service – The cost of a tow truck will depend on how far you have to go and what type of vehicle needs to be towed. Generally, a tow truck will cost anywhere from $50 to $100.
• Emergency Fuel – Refilling your tank with gasoline can cost anywhere from $20 to as much as $150, depending on the amount needed and where you are located.
• Tire Change – Changing a tire typically costs between $50 and $75.
• Lockout Service – If you lock your keys inside your car, a lockout service can cost anywhere from $50 to $100.
• Jump-Start Service – If your battery is dead, jump-starting it can typically cost anywhere from $50 to $75.
• Flatbed Towing – This type of tow service is more expensive than regular towing and can cost upwards of $200.
• Battery Replacement – Replacing a battery can cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $200, depending on the size of your vehicle and the type of battery needed.
• Winching Service – If you are stuck in deep mud or snow, winching service can cost anywhere from $100 to as much as $500.
• On-Site Mechanical Repairs – More advanced services, like on-site mechanical repairs, can cost several hundred dollars and up.
Since the costs for roadside assistance vary so widely, it’s important to talk to the tow truck company or roadside assistance provider to ensure you’re getting the best possible deal.
In most cases, you can expect to pay more for roadside assistance services during peak hours and emergencies. Ask for an estimate before any service is provided so there are no surprises when it comes time to pay the bill.
How Much Is Roadside Assistance Without Insurance?
If you do not have roadside assistance insurance, you will be responsible for paying for any required services. This can be costly, and it is important to estimate the cost of services before agreeing to them.
Roadside assistance typically costs members anywhere between $50 to a whopping $165, depending on your location and the nature of the problem with your vehicle.
In Need of Roadside Assistance Services?
Roadside assistance services can be a lifesaver when you find yourself stranded on the side of the road. However, it is important to know how much these services typically cost so that you can plan accordingly. Generally speaking, services like towing, tire changes, and jump-starts range from $50-$100. In contrast, more advanced services like winching and on-site mechanical repairs can cost several hundred dollars. If you don’t have roadside assistance insurance, estimating the costs before agreeing to any services is important.
If you need reliable, affordable roadside assistance services in the Bronx, NY, area, look no further than Bronx Towing Express! Our team of highly trained professionals will get you back on the road safely and quickly. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help!